Smile Makeovers: Improving your confidence by changing your smile
A smile makeover is the process of improving ones smile through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures such as teeth whitening, veneers, white fillings, crowns, dental caps, or bridges. A smile makeover will restore chipped, cracked, or discoloured teeth, restore your bite, and return the muscles that control your jaw movement to their natural position.
The goal of a smile makeover is to improve your smile by taking into consideration your facial appearance, skin tone, hair colour, teeth, gum tissue and lips to develop your ideal smile. Smile makeovers are customized according to your unique considerations and you and us will discuss what you want your smile to look like as well the things that you currently don't like about your smile. Tooth decay, staining, discoloured teeth and slight shifting are all inevitable causes that are unfortunate but can generally be remedied in a few short visits.
What impact does your smile have on your life?
Are you unhappy with your smile? Do you want to change your smile to improve the colour, shape or length of your teeth? Or change the appearance of your gums or lips to give your overall smile a more appealing look?
- Over 75% of people don’t feel confident to smile in a photograph.
- Over 45% of people make judgement about people by the look of their smile.
- Over 75% of people think that a beautiful smile helps people psychologically.
- Over 65% of people think that an attractive smile helps romantically.
How can a smile makeover improve my smile?
Whatever the reasons for your dissatisfaction with your smile, there are many different ways in which you can improve your smile using modern cosmetic dentistry:
- Crooked teeth can be straightened with Lingual braces or conventional cosmetic orthodontics. They can also be covered with porcelain or composite veneers for a faster solution, often referred to as “instant orthodontics” In this situation, the main disadvantage is that your teeth need to be prepared for veneers.
- Chipped, broken teeth can be repaired - the treatment will depend on the extent of damage, but the options include cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers or porcelain crowns.
- Missing teeth can be replaced - gaps between your teeth can cause functional problems as well as being unsightly. Often, a smile makeover involves the replacement of existing restorations or gaps between teeth. Solutions include dental implants, a dental bridge or a denture.
- Gaps between your teeth can be closed to give your smile a more even look. This can be achieved instantly with porcelain or composite veneers . Orthodontics can also be used to move the teeth and close the gaps between them. Invisible braces, lingual braces and fixed orthodontics are just a few options for moving your teeth to close gaps.
- If you have a gummy smile, this can easily be remedied by surgical or laser gum contouring.
- If you are not satisfied with the colour of your teeth, or if you have badly stained teeth, they can be treated with prophylaxis/ cleaning or professional teeth whitening.
- If you have deep smile lines, frown lines or lips that have lost their fullness, these can all be improved using a combination of Botox and dermal filler treatments.
- Tooth Length: The effects of aging and every day wear and tear can detract from a youthful appearance. A smile makeover treatment for shorter teeth may include the reshaping and lengthening of the two front central teeth with composite bonding or porcelain veneers.
- Tooth Proportions: A balanced smile gives the appearance of proper proportion and good oral health. Your dentist will work with you to design a treatment plan that enhances your teeth's esthetics and gives you a beautifully.
The end result of a smile makeover for many people is a smile to be proud of, one that is straight, white and perfectly aligned.
Which procedure is right for you?
We can answer many of the questions you may have about techniques used to improve your smile. The condition of your teeth and desired result you want often dictates the best procedure. If you are considering a treatment, there are a few questions you can ask us before deciding if a particular procedure is right for you.
- What will the changes look like?
- What should I expect through the course of treatment?
- What type of maintenance will be required?
We will answer questions you may have about the procedure, maintenance and price to help you choose the treatment that best suits you.
"I have known Dr Manish Guri for 12 years. I have always been impressed by his work ethics and diligence.. He is an experienced dentist whose knowledge of his field is extraordinary. Beside his significant knowledge, clinical and administrative skills and research background he demonstrates passion in his work and has a great technical expertise. Despite these qualities, he remains a very humble and a fun-loving person who is extremely passionate and determined about what he is doing. One can go on and on and discover facets of his personality but at the end of the day he is a jovial, down to earth, caring human being whom you can always count on. A truly remarkable professional. Best wishes Manish for all the good things in life."
Mr. Vishal Birwatkar , Sr. Portfolio Advisor - Investments at ING Vysya Bank